Google Checkout enables your customers to buy from merchants accross the web quickly and securely, using a single username and password.
As a cf_ezcart based merchant, you may use Google Checkout as your primary payment acceptance method, or use it in conjunction with any of the many payment gateways integrated with cf_ezcart.
Once a customer makes a purchase using Google Checkout, you may charge their credit card, process their order, and receive payment in your bank account.
- Attract more leads. Buyers that use Google Checkout actively look to buy from merchants that offer it on their websites. If you use Google search advertising, you can help these potential buyers find you by displaying the Google Checkout badge on your search advertisements.
- Convert more leads into sales. A fast, secure checkout process helps persuade shoppers to buy on your site and buy more often.
- Lower sales processing costs. For every $1 you spend on Google search advertising, you can process $10 in sales for free. If you don't use Google search advertising or you use up your free transaction processing, you can process additional sales at a low 2% and $0.20 per transaction.
- Protect yourself from fraud. Google Checkout's fraud prevention tools stop invalid orders from reaching you. And Checkout's Payment Guarantee policy helps protect you from chargebacks.
here to sign up as a Google Checkout merchant!
Integration with cf_ezcart®
cf_ezcart is tightly integrated with Google Checkout Order Processing. Google Checkout orders may be processed from within cf_ezcart's order administration area
without the need to log in separately to your Google Checkout merchant account. Using cf_ezcart's order administration, you may...
- Mark orders or individual items shipped. A tracking number may be included.
- Review risk assessment information including card security code and address verification results.
- Cancel orders or individual items.
- Capture funds (full or partial) from a previous Authorization Only.
- Re-authorize Authorization Only transactions which have expired.
- Refund full or partial order amounts.
- Send messages to your customers.
To place a test order using Google Checkout, simply click visit the Shopping Cart Demo, place 1 or more items in the shopping cart, then click any Google Checkout button.
Shipping & Sales Tax Limitations
Since Google has a requirement that the customer must
be directed immediately to Google Checkout upon clicking the Google Checkout button, there is no opportunity to capture a shipping address from the customer.
Therefore, not all features of cf_ezcart can be utilized seamlessly.
Without a zip code, and/or country, we can not use our "real time" shipping options (UPS Online Tools and USPS Web Tools) to calculate shipping rates.
Additionally, local taxes cannot be calculated without the customer's zip code, and sometimes county or city.
Please be aware of the following.
- If you charge local taxes, the order will be authorized for the highest tax amount (after adding state tax, county tax and city tax) for the customer's state. Upon
order completion, you may recalculate sales tax and capture the transaction for the final amount, or refund the difference (either method is simple through our integration).
The final tax amount will be tracked as "State" tax and not broken down by locality.
- You may set Google Checkout to calculate real time shipping rates. However at this time only shipping to US addresses is supported. If you ship internationally,
you may use one of cf_ezcart's built-in shipping calculation methods below.
- Ship based on order total or number of items purchased.
- Ship based on your own calculations ($X first pound and $X each additional pound).
Google has a Merchant Calculations API which does allow a callback to the cf_ezcart server after the shipping address has been captured at Google's site.
However, at the time of development, Google has a "3 second rule" which states that the merchant's server must reply within 3 seconds or the default shipping and tax amount will be charged.
Although 3 seconds is ample time under prime conditions, there may be periods where for any number of reasons, a reply will not be received within 3 seconds. We will not
implement this feature until Google extends this timeout to at least 20 seconds.
View System Requirements & Setup Instruction!
Sign up as a Google Checkout merchant now!